Tuesday 11 February 2014

New Project Prep

I'm a little late to the party but I've decided to join in with a Block A Month Crochet Along 2014 over on Ravelry. Each month there are two 12" blocks and a 6" block to make (to create a sampler blanket), though I expect I might stick to just the 12" blocks. Obviously the finished size depends on the yarn & hook used. I might make some blocks from the previous years too as I'm hoping to make a double bed sized blanket.

I really wanted to plan this a little more than I usually do. I've been using the Attic24 Stylecraft pack for most of my projects and I wanted to go for a really different colour palette this time for a bit of a change.

Enter Design Seeds! This is a fantastic site for colour inspiration.

Images are generally broken down into 6 colours, which is a really good number for a sampler crochet blanket. I could have spent hours just browsing the pictures on Design Seeds but I knew I wanted a slighty vintage feel to the colours.

This is the one I finally decided on:

In part this is because I managed to find one yarn that I could produce this palette from.

Lion Brand comes from the US and Vanna's Choice seems to have a good reputation. It's now stocked at Deramores and there are over 40 shades available.

I've ordered (to attempt to match the palette above):
White
Beige
Honey
Colonial Blue
Dusty Blue
Silver Blue

I'm hoping that looks close enough when it arrives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment