Saturday 25 May 2013

And The Progress Continues...

After some really horrible weather recently, including hail the other day, it was lovely to see the sun shining today. Of course the kids wanted to play in the garden so it was quite easy for me to get a little more sewing done. I started by making binding for the wallhanging and Erin's quilt because it's just some very short lines of stitching and then mainly ironing; nice and easy to do while keeping an eye out of the window to watch the kids.

Binding for Erin's quilt
My husband was very pleased I'd got this done while he was out because he usually gets the job of ironing it while I get on with some sewing.

Once he was back and doing some gardening I could focus more on sewing. I sewed the binding to the front of the wall hanging but left Erin's quilt as it needed trimmed and I wanted more space to do that.

Some hand sewing for this evening!
I then got some Xmas projects out. First I whizzed up a coaster with the 2 leftover charm squares.

Xmas coaster
Then I cut wadding and backing for the mats. I quilted these using stitch in the ditch. I then trimmed them down but I need to make some binding for them. If there's a lot leftover from Erin's quilt I may use that as the colours are similar.

Xmas mats, awaiting binding

No comments:

Post a Comment