Friday 20 April 2012

Friday Update

Well there's no proper finished object today. It's been a very busy week as I have an assignment due on Wednesday and am trying to cram in a lot of studying that I didn't manage to get done over the Easter holidays. When one part of my life is totally hectic I tend to try and do something very relaxing in my crafting, so I've only worked on my hexagons this week.


I'm enjoying doing these as they're relaxing and it's a much slower pace than when I'm whizzing things through my machine! I've got 68 hexagons so far. I'd like to get to 100 before starting to sew them together. I want enough done so that I don't change my mind and decide to stop at a flower on a cushion or something.



I also need to buy thread before I can sew them together. I was hoping to get some today when I was in the city centre but the market didn't have the colour I wanted and the other shop has such bad lighting I couldn't tell the true colour of the thread so I'll maybe try to nip out somewhere else at the weekend.

Since the weather was so bad earlier this week I didn't really get out but it meant I got to do some crafting with Orla. She loves painting so I opened up a magnet painting set I bought a while ago for the kids. It's basically 10 small tiles, a set of paints and then some self adhesive magnets to stick to the back of the tiles once your paint has dried. She took quite a liking to the black paint so I have seven "black blob" tiles with a few prettier ones!


I love this one:


See that paper behind? Well that's Erin's certificate. She got a Bronze Award at school.


I got to go in this morning and watch her get her award at an assembly.

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm in awe of anyone that can make a quilt. One day I'll have a go, but I think I might start with something small like a cushion.

    ReplyDelete